Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Knee
Cobb J. Osteoarthritis of the knee. Precise diagnosis and treatment. BMJ. 2009;339:b3747. Farr Ii J, Miller LE, Block JE. Quality of life in patients with knee osteoarthritis: a commentary on nonsurgical and surgical treatments. Open Orthop J 2013;7:619–23. doi:10.2174/1874325001307010619.
- The compartmental distribution of knee osteoarthritis - a systematic review and meta-analysis.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2021; 29: 445-455https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joca.2020.10.011
- Classification of combined partial knee arthroplasty.Bone Joint J. 2019; 101-B: 922-928
National Joint Registry for England & Wales. Second Annual Report, September 2006. Available online: http://www.njrcentre.org.uk/NjrCentre/Portals/O/Documents/ England/Reports/NJR_CR_3.pdf.
- Adverse outcomes after total and unicompartmental knee replacement in 101,330 matched patients: a study of data from the National Joint Registry for England and Wales.Lancet. 2014; 384: 1437-1445
American Joint Replacement Registry (AJRR): 2020 Annual Report. Rosemont, IL: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), 2020.
- Does arthroplasty type influence knee joint proprioception? A longitudinal prospective study comparing total and unicompartmental arthroplasty.Knee. 2007; 14: 212-217https://doi.org/10.1016/j.knee.2007.01.001
- Bicompartmental knee arthroplasty: a bone-sparing, ligament-sparing, and minimally invasive alternative for active patients.Orthopedics. 2007; 30: 70-73
Banks SA, Fregly BJ, Boniforti F, Reinschmidt C, Romagnoli S. Comparing in vivo kinematics of unicondylar and bi-unicondylar knee replacements. Knee Surg Sports.
- Return to sports and physical activity after total and unicondylar knee arthroplasty: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Sports Med. 2016; 46: 269-292
- The clinical and cost-effectiveness of total versus partial knee replacement in patients with medial compartment osteoarthritis (TOPKAT): 5-year outcomes of a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2019; 394: 746-756https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(19)31281-4
Adverse outcomes after total and unicompartmental knee replacement in 101,330 matched patients: a study of data from the National Joint Registry for England and Wales. Lancet 2014;384:1437-45.
- Unicondylar knee arthroplasty has fewer complications but higher revision rates than total knee arthroplasty in a study of large united states databases.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: 1617-1625
- Long-term results of compartmental arthroplasties of the knee: long term results of partial knee arthroplasty.Bone Joint J. 2015; 97-B (PMID: 26430081): 9-15https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.97B10.36426
- Bi-unicompartmental versus total knee arthroplasty: long term results.Acta Orthop Belg. 2018; 84 (PMID: 30840563): 237-244
- Outcomes of Bi-unicompartmental Versus total knee arthroplasty for the treatment of medial and lateral knee osteoarthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysis of comparative studies.Indian J Orthop. 2022; 56 (PMID: 35669030; PMCID: PMC9123098): 963-972https://doi.org/10.1007/s43465-022-00628-1
- Bicompartmental knee arthroplasty vs total knee arthroplasty for the treatment of medial compartment and patellofemoral osteoarthritis.Arthroplast Today. 2017; 3: 309-314https://doi.org/10.1016/j.artd.2017.02.006. PMID: 29204503; PMCID: PMC5712040
- Impact of sickle cell disease on postoperative outcomes following total hip arthroplasty.Hip Int. 2021; (11207000211052224 published online ahead of print, 2021 Oct 24)https://doi.org/10.1177/11207000211052224
Elzomor A, Malyavko A, Agarwal AR, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus status does not independently predict 2-Year complications following total knee arthroplasty [published online ahead of print, 2022 Aug 9]. J Knee Surg. 2022;10.1055/s-0042-1755376. doi:10.1055/s-0042-1755376.
Oa prevalence and burden. Osteoarthritis Action Alliance. (2022, October 12). Retrieved October 18, 2022, from https://oaaction.unc.edu/oa-module/oa-prevalence-and-burden/.
- Current understanding of osteoarthritis pathogenesis and relevant new approaches.Bone Res. 2022; 10 (Published 2022 Sep 20): 60https://doi.org/10.1038/s41413-022-00226-9
- Bicompartmental, medial and patellofemoral knee replacement might be able to maintain unloaded knee kinematics.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2022; 142: 501-509https://doi.org/10.1007/s00402-021-03816-0
- A prospective randomized study of bicompartmental vs. total knee arthroplasty with functional testing and short term outcome.J Arthroplasty. 2014; 29: 1790-1794https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2014.04.016
- Evaluation of a patient decision aid for unicompartmental or total knee arthroplasty for medial knee osteoarthritis.J Arthroplasty. 2017; 32: 3340-3344https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2017.06.014
- Patient preferences for surgical treatment of knee osteoarthritis: a discrete-choice experiment evaluating total and unicompartmental knee arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2020; 102: 2022-2031https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.20.00132
- Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty vs total knee arthroplasty for medial compartment arthritis in patients older than 75 years: comparable reoperation, revision, and complication rates.J Arthroplasty. 2017; 32: 1792-1797https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2017.01.020
- Unicondylar knee arthroplasty has fewer complications but higher revision rates than total knee arthroplasty in a study of large United States databases.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: 1617-1625https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2019.04.004
- Costs of unicompartmental compared with total knee arthroplasty: a matched cohort study over ten years.Bone Joint J. 2021; 103-B: 23-31https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.103B6.BJJ-2020-2259.R1
- Outcome of unicondylar knee arthroplasty vs total knee arthroplasty for early medial compartment arthritis: a randomized study.J Arthroplasty. 2017; 32: 1460-1469https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2016.12.014
- Should medicare remove total knee arthroplasty from its inpatient only list? A total knee arthroplasty is not a partial knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2018; 33: S23-S27https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2017.11.028
- Length of stay and 90-day readmission/complication rates in unicompartmental versus total knee arthroplasty: a propensity-score-matched study of 10,494 procedures performed in a fast-track setup.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2021; 103: 1063-1071https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.20.01287
- Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty has higher revisions than total knee arthroplasty at long term follow-up: a registry study on 6453 prostheses.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2021; 29: 3323-3329https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-020-06184-1
- Revision of unicompartmental arthroplasty to total knee arthroplasty: not always a slam dunk!.J Arthroplasty. 2013; 28: 128-132https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2013.02.040
- Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty is associated with lower proportions of surgical site infection compared with total knee arthroplasty: A retrospective nationwide database study.Knee. 2021; 28: 124-130https://doi.org/10.1016/j.knee.2020.11.017
- Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty is associated with a lower rate of periprosthetic joint infection compared to total knee arthroplasty.Arthroplast Today. 2021; 10: 117-122https://doi.org/10.1016/j.artd.2021.06.006
- Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty: modes of failure and conversion to total knee arthroplasty.Joints. 2017; 5: 44-50https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0037-1601414
- Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty survivorship is lower than TKA survivorship: a 27-year Finnish registry study.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2014; 472: 1496-1501https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-013-3347-2
- Efficacy of bicompartmental knee arthroplasty (BKA) for bicompartmental knee osteoarthritis: a meta analysis.Int J Surg. 2017; 46: 53-60https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsu.2017.08.556
- Does bicompartmental knee arthroplasty hold an advantage over total knee arthroplasty? Systematic review and meta-analysis.SICOT J. 2021; 7: 38https://doi.org/10.1051/sicotj/2021036
- Bicompartmental (uni plus patellofemoral) versus total knee arthroplasty: a match-paired study.Musculoskelet Surg. 2019; 103: 63-68https://doi.org/10.1007/s12306-018-0540-1
- Bicompartmental versus total knee arthroplasty for medial and patellofemoral osteoarthritis.J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2013; 21: 281-284https://doi.org/10.1177/230949901302100303
- Bicompartmental knee arthroplasty: the clinical outcomes.Orthop Clin North Am. 2013; 44: viihttps://doi.org/10.1016/j.ocl.2013.03.003
- Systematic review of modular bicompartmental knee arthroplasty for medio-patellofemoral osteoarthritis.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 35: 893-899.e3https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2019.09.042